Monday, August 6, 2012

Smartie! ~ PKS August Release

Hi Everyone! Welcome to Luv Scrapping Together!

Last evening was the Peachy Keen Stamps Release Party with the reveal of the August Stamp of the Month. If you missed it, no worries! You can check out the new release by visiting the Peachy Keen Stamps Store or Peachy Keen Blog.

Part of the fun for the release party is the challenges. By participating you have the chance of winning some Peachy Keen Stamps. Doesn't that sound fun!

As a designer for PKS, I got to come up with one of the challenges.

For my challenge the requirements are as follows:

1. Make a card with a unique or special fold.
2. Use at least 3 patterned papers.

You have until Wednesday, August 8th, 11:59 PM cst. to link up a card. You can find the challenge thread  here --> Challenge #1

For inspiration I created an easel card:


This is the front of the card when it is folded. I used the new Peachy Keen Stamps PK-126 "Smartie the Owl" for my paper pieced owl and sentiment. The base was created using the scalloped tag from A Child's Year Cricut cartridge.


Here the card and folded so that you can see the inside. The sentiment here is also from PK-126 "Smartie the Owl." I used blue pigment ink to stamp the sentiments. The notebook paper background and pencil are both from the August Stamp of the Month PKSC-08 August 2012. I paper pieced the pencil. All the patterened paper used is from Echo Park's "A Boy's Life."


Here is a close up of the owl and you can also see that I used PK-104 "What time is it??" I inked everything with Ranger distress ink, added a bit of shadow with my Copic markers, and for a final touch I added some Ranger Glossy Accents to the glasses. 

I just hand cut and created the clipboard. I rounded the edges with and EK Success corner rounder. I also used a Fiscars edge punch to create a scallop boarder.
To finish things off I added some The Twinery's Bakers's Twine in Pea Pod and Lemon Drop.


This last picture is just a side view of the card.

Remember you have until Wednesday, August 8th, 11:59 PM cst. to add to link up! I can't wait to see what you all create! You can get to the challenge by clicking --> HERE.

Thanks for stopping today.

Until next time...
Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Adorable...love the patterns and the cute image! Lee-Ann :)

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Oh my...this is just too, too cute! I love the clipboard...so much fun and that owl is adorable! Easel cards are one of my favorites because they just beg to be displayed...love this!