Monday, August 22, 2011

A Real Treat

Hello Crafty Friends! Welcome to Luv Scrapping Together!

Today's project is something I put together for the challenge over at My Craft Spot. Challenge #21 is Gift Bags / Boxes. I was thrilled when I found out that Kimberly extended the deadline for this challenge as I had a little time to play this weekend.
For my treat box I used an SVG file that I had purchased from SVG Cuts entitled Tied Surprise Gift Boxes. I used the flower box but got rid of the flower. I inked all of edges of my box in black.

I decided to use patterned paper from My Mind's Eye Black Bird collection. I purchased this from Shop Pumpkin Spice. I highly recommend this online store as the prices are fabulous and shipping is very reasonable.

I trimmed the box in My Craft Spot's gorgeous Crinkle Ribbon. I used Candied Orange and inked it with black ink to go with the look of the paper. I, also, used Midnight Black to tie my box. Kimberly's Crinkle Ribbon is absolutely gorgeous and I love working with it.


For my cuts, I used the spider web from Mini Monsters and removed the spider. I inked the edges and applied Ranger Glossy Accents. My spider came from Paper Doll Dress Up. I hid the face using my Gypsy. I stamped his face with Peachy Keen Stamps ~ PK-692 Monster Mash Face Assortment.

Since I was stamping on black cardstock I decided to heat emboss the face with black embossing powder to help it stand out. This is a little trick I learned from Kimberly at My Craft Spot. :) I used my white gel pen to fill in the eyes. I then attached my spider to the web with a little white thread and popped him up with some foam tape.

My sentiment comes from Scrappy Moms Stamps ( my favorite! ). It is from the "A Haunting We Will Go" set. I heat embossed the sentiment in black, also. I love how it turned out.

I added a little brad from Studio G and my little gift box was complete!

I hope you will come back. On Wednesday I have a special project to share with you. I am the guest designer on Pink By Design!

Thanks for stopping and Happy Crafting!!


9 comments:

Glora said...

ADORABLE! I love how this turned out. The patterned paer and trims are perfect! The embossing on black paper is fabulous too! I LOVE it! Hugs- glora

Scrappy Moms Stamps said...

So cute! I love the pattern and colors - great gift bag! :)

- Mel

Carol W. said...

Super cute projects TFS

Carol
http://caroleesscrappinspot.blogspot.com

Ruthie @ SeptemberNinth said...

Hi Saundra!

This box is darling! I am so ready for Fall!

Ruthie :)

Michelle said...

WHat a cute treat box, Saundra! I like the idea of heat embossing the black on black! Thanks for the tip!! Love the details you add. :)

Hugs,
Michelle :D

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Great bag! I love what you have done with the crinkle ribbon and your spider is super cute!! Thanks for joining the fun at My Craft Spot!

Kimberly

Amy said...

This is so cute! I love that little spider, the papers and the ribbon! Adorable! I also have something for you on my blog when you get a chance :)Amy
amyscraftingspace.blogspot.com

Sherrie K. said...

Super cute box. So festive...makes me want to start getting ready for Halloween!!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Kate said...

I LOVE this bag! The diagonal flap is a fabulous look and your ribbon looks super!
Thanks so much for playing along at My Craft Spot!
Kate
Small Bits of Paper